Traineeship in the Office of Economic Advisor
This is an exciting one-year paid traineeship opportunity within the Office of the Economic Adviser of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The mission of the Economic Adviser consists of developing constructive engagement with business actors on their responsibility to carefully manage the impact of their operations, in particular in areas of armed conflict or in challenging security environments. This mission is carried out through: direct engagement with business actors; indirect engagement through industry associations or multi-stakeholder initiatives; the development of guidance tools for business actors and other stakeholders involved in ‘business and human rights’ and ‘business and conflict’ issues; support to field activities fostering responsible business practices; and support to ICRC field operations in their own dialogue with business actors; among other means.
Under the supervision of the Economic Adviser, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of various work streams such as: a joint project with the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF); the ICRC’s engagement with Chinese business actors and engagement with organizations such as the World Economic Forum, the United Nations Global Compact, and various other stakeholders in the business and human rights field.
- Fostering internal and external communication on the mission and activities of the Economic Adviser and consolidating the unit’s communication and engagement strategy.
- Keeping a close watch on trends, issues and policy developments in the fields of ‘business and human rights’ and ‘business and conflict’; and regularly producing synthetic oral and written analysis.
- Carrying out ad hoc research work on ongoing work streams, such as sustainable finance and military use of artificial intelligence, and supporting the development of new projects.
- Liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the various work streams and proper positioning of the ICRC.
- Preparing and coordinating participation by ICRC stakeholders in conferences, seminars or workshops involving business actors, including compiling briefing materials and talking points.
- Developing an overview of the ICRC’s relationship with the private sector, and the capacity to participate constructively in a range of related work streams.
- Ensuring business continuity in the absence of the Economic Adviser
For more information about the position and how to apply please follow Link to Job.
|3000 Swiss franc|
|International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)|