Team Operations Assistant
Institute of Imagination
We are looking for someone starting off in their career and keen to
develop skills in administration and operations working with innovative,
impact-led charities. If you enjoy learning new skills, are highly organised, friendly and approachable, we’d love to hear from you. You will be part of a growing and ambitious team and will assist them on everything from
Finance to HR. The focus of your role will be on ensuring the team has the administrative support they need to reach our shared goals. You will have a varied workload including research, event support and statistic collation, as well as day-to-day tasks like processing invoices and database management.
The role will be based at Second Home (Spitalfields) supporting a team of
14 including a team of facilitators. They will be managed by the Team
Main responsibilities - what will you do day to day?
1. Act as a central point of enquiry to the iOi and deal with phone and
2. Support financial processes on Xero including invoice processing and
credit card reconciliation.
3. Maintain internal administrative systems and keep accurate records.
4. Support the team to use Salesforce effectively (training will be
5. Produce papers and agendas and take minutes/actions at internal
6. Carry out research to support the team’s activities and future ventures.
7. Support the Team Operations Manager in HR processes and
8. Support the Team Operations Manager to manage IT infrastructure.
9. Ensure that all iOi sites run smoothly and have any resources or
10. Act as the key contact for relevant suppliers..
11. Support special projects for all departments as and when required.
12. Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required.
Person specification – what are we looking for?
1. Highly motivated with the desire to build experience in operations and
2. Adaptable and flexible, able to remain calm and work effectively in
a creative and fast changing environment.
3. Friendly and approachable, with a readiness to get to know and work
with new people.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to tailor
your approach to your audience.
5. Confident numerical skills.
6. Ability to organise and plan own workload, identifying conflicting
demands and establishing clear priorities in order to meet agreed
7. Demonstrable attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate
8. Ability to practice sensitivity and discretion in handling personal or
9. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
10. Passion for the mission of the Institute of Imagination.
|Institute of Imagination|