Senior social safeguards consultant
Currently looking for an experienced social safeguards consultant to join our international social safeguards team. The role will be based in Bogota in Colombia.
Our social safeguards teamwork in an integrated manner with our environmental and engineering teams on infrastructure projects. The focus is primarily in the energy sector, but we also work on water, transport and other types of internationally financed infrastructure projects. We work with our customers and local communities to provide social safeguard protection and, where possible, enhance social and community development benefits in pursuit of sustainable infrastructure projects.
Our clients include project developers, international lenders including multilateral development and private banks, and governments. The work of our team primarily covers:
- social impact assessment and management - social due diligence, equator principle compliance reviews and construction monitoring
- resettlement and indigenous peoples’ development planning
- public consultation, disclosure and stakeholder engagement planning
- labour rights management planning and auditing
- ecosystems services and livelihoods
- gender analysis and management planning
The team works mainly on international projects and international travel is an integral part of this role. Over the next few years, team members will be undertaking periodic site visits to Projects in the Latin America and Caribbean region, as well as opportunities to work with the global team in other regions.
For more information about the position and how to apply please follow Link to Job.