Regional Director for PI Mesoamérica
Under its 2019-23 Global Strategy PI will decentralize its decision making processes and transform in a networks of Regional Protection Hubs. Each regional presence will be led by a Regional Director who will work under the direct supervision of a Regional Board of Directors.
The Mesoamerica Regional Director will represent PI in the region and foster PI’s work overseeing the sound implementation of projects, campaigns, and other initiatives by PI’s teams in Mesoamerica and in line with PI’s Global Strategy. The Mesoamerica Regional Director will work in close collaboration with PI’s Global Team and functionally report to PI’s Executive Director.
- Analyze the political context in the region and its impact on the work of defenders, identifying new trends and areas of intervention;
- Lead the development of PI Regional Hub in line with PI’s Global Strategy 2019-23 and in close collaboration with PI’s Executive Director; including supporting the conformation of the General Assembly and Board of Directors for PI Mesoamerica in accordance with Guatemalan law;
- Legal representation in Guatemala and ensure legal and administrative compliance of the Mesoamerica’s regional hub;
- Legalize delegations with representatives of Protection International Mesoamerica in Honduras and other countries of the region if necessary.
- Plan and coordinate PI’s Regional Hub by developing sound regional strategies for PI’s support to human rights defenders which take into account other desks, and initiatives implemented in the Region;
- Represent PI in national and international fora, productively engaging with relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure consistency between PI’s Global advocacy strategy and communication initiatives developed at the regional and national level;
- Develop and maintain sound working relations with partners and donors in the region;
- In coordination with PI Global team ensure consistency and sustainability of funding streams and fundraising strategies across the organization;
- Oversee the sound administration of PI’s delegations in the region and manage human resources in close collaboration with the PI Mesoamerica Board;
- Ensure sound financial management of the Regional Hub by contributing directly to PI’s annual global budget planning and its revisions;
- Contribute to PI Global learning and knowledge sharing across the organization
- Coordinate with other PI Regional Directors and Management Team;
- Oversee sound information and security management for PI staff in the region.
Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala