Private Partnerships and Philanthropy Trainee
The Foresight team plays an advisor and incubator role supporting colleagues that lead partnership negotiations and manage relationships in specific markets. The team advises on setting priorities for engaging in private and public partnership and philanthropic giving activities, working with and through the Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies. It also facilitates conversations and incubates projects and partnerships; tests initiatives and innovative ideas; develops and improves systems and processes; and conducts research to understand the changing private and public funding and policy landscape, in order to allow the ICRC to continue to deliver on its mission.
The Foresight team is offering two paid one-year traineeship positions. The two post-holders will work as part of the general Foresight team, in specific support of the Managers working on A) corporate partnerships and engagement or B) structured philanthropy.
Main Foresight responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyse global trends and share market information from external sources.
- Conduct research and help prepare briefing notes, presentations and other materials for events and high-level meetings.
- Support colleagues within the Resource Mobilization department with research and insights to facilitate collaboration and exchanges with National Societies.
- Establish a framework for the collection and dissemination of Foresight research and knowledge to the rest of the division and institution.
- Support key Foresight projects, with a view of developing long-term partnerships and fundraising initiatives with the private sector.
- Support Head of Foresight in the development of management systems and the improvement of unit processes.
- Support the team in updating and maintaining a Donor Relationship Management system, managing the database of partner contacts and ensuring high quality data.
- Screen and respond to spontaneous requests in the partnerships inbox and support the team with outgoing correspondence.
- Assist with organisation of events and high-level visits; support event logistics as required.
- Record outcomes and decisions taken during Foresight's meetings and workshops.
For more information about the position and how to apply please follow Link to Job.
|International Committee of the Red Cross|