Legal Counsel, Business & Human Rights
Verizon seeks a highly-motivated, forward-thinking and creative Legal Counsel to join our Business & Human Rights Program. This role will support efforts to integrate attention to the human rights impacts of business operations, strategy and products across Verizon and Verizon Media. The ideal candidate will be technically-minded, strategic and pragmatic and have legal and/or public policy experience on issues at the intersection of human rights and technology. The candidate must have excellent project management skills, interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated good judgment, and be able to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Work directly with the leadership of the Business & Human Rights Program, as well as with an internal cross-functional team to build and support key components of the Program.
- Work within the legal team to serve as point of contact for human rights risk analysis of business decisions and support efforts to advise legal and business leaders on human rights matters impacting the business.
- Assist in review of products, policies, processes and procedures to develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Conduct research and identify opportunities to highlight positive human rights impacts of technology.
- Assist with development and execution of employee human rights training program.
- Conduct research and write background reports for Human Rights Impact Assessments (HRIAs).
- Support relationships with external stakeholders, including organizations focused on technology and human rights, multi-stakeholder dialogues and international organizations.
- Coordinate efforts to share information about the BHRP’s work with external audiences.
For more information and how to apply please follow Link to Job.
Washington, New York