Good Chance Theatre
Good Chance is looking for a creative, motivated and ambitious individual to join the company as Development Manager.
The Development Manager will work with the Artistic Directors and Executive Director to develop and implement the company’s fundraising strategy to support Good Chance’s full range of productions, projects and programmes at this pivotal and exciting time of growth following the success of The Jungle and our work in Calais, Paris and the UK. We're looking for someone with an imaginative and adaptable attitude towards all areas of fundraising, with particular experience in trusts and foundations and individual giving.
The Development Manager will be part of our small, dynamic team with demonstrable experience of successful work in a fundraising context and a real commitment to Good Chance's vision and ethos.
• Work with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees to develop and implement Good Chance’s strategy for securing diverse funding streams from sources including trusts and foundations, individuals and corporates to strengthen the company’s capacity and sustainability.
• Engage with funders and maintain excellent relationships, including a formalised donor cultivation strategy and individual giving scheme.
• Research new funding and sponsorship opportunities in the UK, Europe, USA and internationally in the arts and human rights.
• Lead on core- and project-based funding applications including to major funding bodies, statutory and trusts and foundations, with support from the Executive Director and other staff members.
• Maintain an accurate database of potential funders, applications and responses.
• Develop and maintain Good Chance’s network of supporters, alongside other members
of other staff.
• Monitor existing funding agreements and provide reports as and when required.
• Support Executive Director with fundraising reporting to and liaison with the Board of
• Oversee, with the Executive Director, evaluation of all projects and ensure accurate
records and impact figures are maintained and fed into applications and reports.
• Organise and oversee the delivery of fundraising events.
• Attend key performances, events and projects, including theatre openings, first previews,
press nights, galas and last night performances as relevant.
• Oversee donor communications across all areas including print and publicity materials.
• Oversee all marketing, PR and media campaigns including crowd-funding, social media
and feeding into major campaigns with other producing partners for Good Chance
• Develop approaches to disseminate the work of Good Chance and manage the
production of attractive and compelling marketing materials designed to inspire donors,
stakeholders, audiences, partners and the wider sector.
• Contribute to key company communications, including the annual report.
Good Chance is an Associate Company of the Young Vic Theatre and recipient of an Evening
Standard Editor’s Award (2016), an Empty Space Peter Brook Award (2017) and the Genesis Award
(2018) and numerous awards for The Jungle.
• Promote, and act within, all of Good Chance’s Policies.
• Be a professional and dedicated advocate of all Good Chance activities.
• Be an active and supportive member of the Good Chance staff team.
• Commit to Good Chance’s Sustainability Action Plan.
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
• Ensure compliance with fundraising regulations and data/information governance requirements, and that the company operates to the highest ethical fundraising standards.
• Any other reasonable duties that arise to fulfill the objectives of Good Chance.
Good Chance offices
|Good Chance Theatre|